Tuesday 17 February 2015

Vidal Sassoon Salonist - Part 2


So today I am reviewing the VS Sassoon hair dye that I received from Supersavvyme (read this post for more info). The first thing that I noticed that was different about this box to any other brand is that it comes with a bowl and brush, rather than a bottle, which I thought looked more professional. It did make me wonder wether it was going to be easier or harder to apply, but I don't apply it my self so it wasn't going to be a problem for me anyway, aha.

I choose the darkest intense violet, as I was getting a bit bored of brown and fancied something a little different, so just went for it. The instructions to applying this was really straight forward. I found that mixing this in the bowl was a little more time consuming that It is to just shake it in a bottle, but my mum (who usually dyes my hair) found it a lot easier to apply this way than it is with other brands.

What really impressed me about this box is that it actually covered my whole head! I was a little worried as hair dye from a kit rarely stretches out onto my whole head, and as I was going purple it was going to be quite obvious if it didn't cover all of my hair. But it did. There is quite a lot of product, especially as half way though you add some hair serum which basically takes it back up to the amount you had at the beginning. 

I was happy with the end result. Its so shinny and glossy. Its colour is quite dark and not very intense put I'm interested to see how it fade after a few washes. I would definitely use it again because, as it mentioned before, its rare for hair dye to not struggle to dye my hair, and I also think I could do this my self has I wouldn't have to worry about streching it out as much as I can. I was really impressed with this hair dye.





2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about trying this hair dye but I'm unsure on what colour I want to go next. The shade you picked looks really nice and has made me think about possibly trying this product out soon!

    Thanks!

    nicolelaurenblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advert makes it seem great. I really want to get the red shade in it but I'm not sure. Looks lovely on you :) Rebecca | Rebecca Marie xx

    ReplyDelete